Some links in this post may be affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. But rest assured that all opinions remain my own. You can read my full affiliate disclaimer here.
As a content creator, you know how challenging it is to balance quantity with quality. You want to publish blog posts consistently, but you also don’t want to put out error-riddled or thin content. That’s where AI writing software can help.
AI writing software uses machine learning to edit, revise and even generate high-quality content. You can set parameters for writing style, tone, and audience and leave the rest to the software.
By combining AI writing software with your own writing skills and SEO strategy, you can create top-notch content that ranks highly on Google.
7 best AI writing software
Here is a list of the best AI writing software on the market today for proofreading, revising and creating content.
Grammarly is a leading grammar and spell-checking tool. It uses advanced AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to correct spelling, punctuation, style, and other writing mistakes. You can also use it to check for plagiarism or get suggestions to improve your writing.
Grammarly can be easily integrated with major browsers, such as Google Chrome, using a browser plugin or add-on. After integrating this tool, you can have Grammarly run a check on any text editor, such as Google Docs or Microsoft Office.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and plagiarism checkers
- Multi-language support, i.e., American English, Canadian English, Australian English, and British English
- Overall content quality score
- Integration with other apps, such as Google Docs
- Works on Macs, PCs and smartphones
- Comes with a personal dictionary
- 256-bit encryption for all documents
Grammarly has three plans: Free, Premium, and Business.
The Free plan is ideal if you want to try out this tool or are on a tight budget. However, it lacks certain features, such as the plagiarism checker.
Grammarly Premium checks for readability, detects missing citations, provides writing insights, and comes with a plagiarism checker. You can opt for monthly, quarterly, and annual subscriptions depending on your needs.
The Grammarly Business plan is tailored for teams of three and above. Pricing starts at $25 per member per month, but this price is reduced the more team members you have.
Grammarly also allows you to request a human proofreader within the app. This service costs between $0.02 and $0.12 per word, depending on how fast you want the proofreader to get back to you.
Grammarly also has a special package for academic institutions. Pricing depends on the team size.
Wordtune is an AI-powered tool that can help make your writing clearer and more compelling. It uses AI technology to rephrase sentences and improve flow and tone while retaining your original meaning.
For instance, you can use Wordtune to expand or shorten your sentences. With the Wordtune plugin installed on your browser, you can also translate text from seven languages: Mandarin, Arabic, Hebrew, Russia, Korean, Spanish, and Hindi.
- Grammar and plagiarism checker
- Sentence rephrasing and autocorrection
- Integration with third-party apps
- Works well with all text editors
- Sentence formatting tools and a style editor
- Content engagement metrics
Wordtune has three plans: Free, Premium, and Premium for Teams. The Free plan offers basic suggestions and basic rewrites.
The Premium plan costs $9.99 per month and has a word finder, advanced suggestions, and rewrites.
Lastly, the Premium Plan for Teams has every Premium plan feature plus priority support. You need to contact Wordtune support for the pricing (you’ll be billed as a team).
ProWritingAid is an AI writing software tool that works similarly to Grammarly. It offers advanced grammar, spelling, and punctuation checking. Plus, ProWritingAid has over 1,000 built-in writing styles, which allows it to provide detailed reports on how writers can improve their quality of writing.
ProWritingAid gives multiple phrase and sentence suggestions so you can retain creative control. It uses AI-based editing algorithms to detect grammar and style issues. Overall, ProWritingAid is a worthy competitor to Grammarly and useful for anyone looking to eliminate grammatical errors from their writing.
- Integrates with third-party apps
- Has a writer’s resource library
- Provides up to 20 detailed writing reports and engagement metrics
- Large collection of writing styles
- Provides in-app suggestions while editing to improve the quality of content
- Intelligent word choice suggestion tool
- Highly customizable to meet writers’ specific needs
The ProWritingAid AI software has both a free and premium package. The free version checks up to 500 words.
All premium versions come with a seven-day free trial and a 14-day money-back guarantee.
While the AI writing software we’ve discussed so far can proofread your content, Writesonic can actually write it for you This AI article generator tool creates marketing copy, landing pages, and other types of content.
To get started, you simply type a keyword or phrase. Then, Writesonic will generate the rest of the content.
It divides content development into a few steps, including idea, intro, outline and article. In the idea step, you’ll develop a target topic and the tool will give article title suggestions.
After selecting a title, you’ll need to type an intro of about 100 to 150 words. In the next step, Writesonic generates customized outlines and asks you to select one.
Once you have a title, intro, and outline, you can proceed to the last step and let Writesonic do the writing for you. This AI writing software takes just a few seconds and creates engaging content for your blog.
Of course, you’ll need to check over all the copy to make sure it sounds natural and meets your editorial standards. Like any AI writing software, Writesonic can do a lot — but it’s not perfect.
You’ll still need to be in the driver’s seat as the writer and editor, but Writesonic can vastly simplify the content creation process.
- Creates and customizes SEO-optimized content
- Generates marketing copy
- Has a text editor for writing and editing content
- Rephrases and rewrites content
- Fixes grammatical errors
- Helps you draft professional emails
- Has built-in templates for landing pages
Writesonic has four plans: Free, Starter, Professional, and Business. Each plan has a set number of credits that you can use to generate articles or landing pages. After the free trial, pricing starts at $12.50 per month.
5. Article Forge
Article Forge is another AI writing tool that can write blog articles for you. You’ll start by inputting a keyword, and then Article Forge’s algorithm will produce a plagiarism-free article.
Article Forge developers claim the software can generate high-quality content indistinguishable from human content. However, some reviewers say they had to do a lot of editing to make the text sound natural.
Article Forge Features
- Offers fast and efficient article generation
- Provides bulk article generation feature that generates multiple articles simultaneously
- Adds relevant images, keywords, and videos to your content to improve search engine rankings
- Creates SEO content in multiple languages, including Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, Italian, French, and Dutch
Article Forge Pricing
Article Forge has a five-day free trial and a 30-day refund policy if you’re not satisfied with its content generation service. It typically costs $57 per month, but the price drops to $27 per month if you pay annually.
WordAi is a “content-spinning” tool that can help rewrite an article while keeping its original meaning and purpose. The new article will be unique and different from the original one in terms of sentence structure, flow, and clarity.
This AI writing software employs a machine learning model to understand how words interact with each other. It then “spins” an article you provide to make it seem as though it’s been written by humans.
All you need to do is upload an article in .txt file format; then WordAI will generate your new article based on (but unique from) the one you provided.
- Supports up to four languages: Spanish, English, Italian and French
- Supports bulk spinning; this involves spinning multiple articles simultaneously
- You can easily integrate it with other tools, such as CopyScape to prevent plagiarism
- Integrates different verb tenses for proper grammar
WordAi has a free three-day trial for new users, after which they’ll need to subscribe to a paid plan. Paid plans are $49.95 per month if paid monthly or $24.95 if paid annually. WordAI also offers Enterprise plans for teams with custom pricing.
Rytr is an AI writing assistant that generates original content for your blog within seconds. You can use the AI tool to come up with unique content in just a few steps.
First, you’ll select the type of content you want. Second, you’ll describe in detail the topic you want to write about. Once you’ve completed those steps, the Rytr AI tool will generate your content.
- Supports over 25 content types
- Has multiple text editing options (e.g., expand content, reword content, etc.)
- Optimized for mobile
- Easy-to-use interface
- Premium community access
- Priority chat and email support
- Dedicated account manager
Rytr has a free plan for new users, which is limited to 5,000 characters per month. Due to this limitation, the free plan is best for shorter forms of content, like social media copy.
If you run out of credits, you can subscribe to the Premium Plan, which costs $29 per month. Alternatively, you can opt for the annual plan, which costs $290.
Other AI software tools to consider
Other notable mentions in the list of the best AI writing tools include:
- Articoolo: This tool can help you rewrite an existing article or write a new one. You can purchase credits for a certain number of articles, usually between 10 and 100, or subscribe to Articoolo’s monthly plan.
- Sapling: This tool works best for messaging, particularly in customer service departments. It comes with a free plan, which is compatible with Chrome, Outlook, Word, and Google Docs. Sapling’s Pro version costs $25 a month. You can also opt for the Enterprise version, which has custom pricing.
- TextBlaze: This AI writing software helps speed up your work and maximize productivity. You can save text snippets so that they auto-populate when you’re writing, thereby saving you the time it would take to write everything from scratch. TextBlaze is a free tool that you can add to Chrome.
AI writing software: Final thoughts
AI writing software can help you create blog articles, marketing copy, and social media content while avoiding grammar and other writing mistakes.
While none of these tools are 100% foolproof, they can seriously speed up the content creation process. You’ll still need to review your articles to ensure they sound natural, but these tools can shorten the time it takes to go from coming up with an idea to hitting publish on your content.
You can keep your blog and social media channels updated with fresh content while freeing up your time for other business-growing activities.