The Zoe Report is seeking a remote, part-time Shopping News Writer to cover beauty shopping and celeb beauty content 2-3 days per week. Day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with the Shopping News Editor on pitching and writing content about sales, product launches, celeb news, and brand and industry news that appeals to TZR’s audience via search and social platforms.
A sense of urgency, strong news judgment, and attention to which stories and angles resonate with the audience are essential, along with a desire to continue building TZR’s identity as a style-forward, authoritative, inclusive place for all women. The ideal candidate should be someone who loves all things beauty and celeb and should be hungry to be first to a story, whether that’s an incredible flash sale at our favorite brand or the release of a new palette from a celebrity makeup line.
- Write 3-4 shopping stories per day
- Keep a finger on the pulse of all things industry and shopping news via Twitter, press releases, and exclusive announcements via your professional network
- Work closely with team members during tentpole events, such as awards season and fashion week
- 2+ years of beauty editing or writing experience in digital media
- Familiarity with best practices for search and social
- Ability to write quickly, without compromising brand integrity or mission
- Contacts in the beauty industry
- A sense of fun, urgency, and a can-do attitude
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.